14:31:21 <fabricioo0> #startmeeting Pulp Triage 2019-10-08
14:31:21 <fabricioo0> !start
14:31:21 <fabricioo0> #info fabricioo0 has joined triage
14:31:21 <pulpbot> Meeting started Tue Oct  8 14:31:21 2019 UTC.  The chair is fabricioo0. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:31:21 <pulpbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:31:21 <pulpbot> The meeting name has been set to 'pulp_triage_2019-10-08'
14:31:21 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: fabricioo0 has joined triage
14:31:24 <daviddavis> #info daviddavis has joined triage
14:31:24 <daviddavis> !here
14:31:24 <pulpbot> daviddavis: daviddavis has joined triage
14:31:29 <dkliban> #info dkliban has joined triage
14:31:29 <dkliban> !here
14:31:29 <pulpbot> dkliban: dkliban has joined triage
14:31:40 <ttereshc> #info ttereshc has joined triage
14:31:40 <ttereshc> !here
14:31:40 <pulpbot> ttereshc: ttereshc has joined triage
14:31:40 <fabricioo0> !next
14:31:41 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: 5 issues left to triage: 5553, 5551, 5546, 5544, 5543
14:31:42 <fabricioo0> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5553
14:31:42 <pulpbot> RM 5553 - ttereshc - NEW - django-admin collectstatic fails on pulp2-nightly-pulp3-source-centos box
14:31:43 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5553
14:31:51 <ipanova> #info ipanova has joined triage
14:31:51 <ipanova> !here
14:31:51 <pulpbot> ipanova: ipanova has joined triage
14:32:22 <ipanova> i think dalley was hitting this issue ^^
14:32:26 <bmbouter> #info bmbouter has joined triage
14:32:26 <bmbouter> !here
14:32:26 <pulpbot> bmbouter: bmbouter has joined triage
14:32:44 <dawalker> #info dawalker has joined triage
14:32:44 <dawalker> !here
14:32:44 <pulpbot> dawalker: dawalker has joined triage
14:32:55 <dkliban> !propose accept and add to sprint
14:32:55 <pulpbot> dkliban: propose accept Propose accepting the current issue in its current state.
14:32:57 <bmbouter> rchan: that was also my understanding re #5494
14:33:10 <fabricioo0> #idea Proposed for #5553: accept and add to sprint
14:33:10 <fabricioo0> !propose other accept and add to sprint
14:33:10 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Proposed for #5553: accept and add to sprint
14:33:13 <ttereshc> +1
14:33:22 <ipanova> +1
14:33:27 <dalley> #info dalley has joined triage
14:33:27 <dalley> !here
14:33:27 <pulpbot> dalley: dalley has joined triage
14:33:46 <fabricioo0> #agreed accept and add to sprint
14:33:46 <fabricioo0> !accept
14:33:46 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Current proposal accepted: accept and add to sprint
14:33:47 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: 4 issues left to triage: 5551, 5546, 5544, 5543
14:33:47 <fabricioo0> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5551
14:33:48 <pulpbot> RM 5551 - jsherril@redhat.com - POST - Importer config can't be null
14:33:49 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5551
14:34:11 <daviddavis> there's a PR so add to sprint?
14:34:12 <dalley> ttereshc, I was struggling with this and I know what the problem is.  not sure how best to fix it
14:34:14 <mikedep333> #info mikedep333 has joined triage
14:34:14 <mikedep333> !here
14:34:14 <pulpbot> mikedep333: mikedep333 has joined triage
14:34:19 <dalley> 5553 I mean
14:34:23 <fabricioo0> #idea Proposed for #5551: Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
14:34:23 <fabricioo0> !propose accept
14:34:23 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Proposed for #5551: Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
14:34:42 <ttereshc> +1 to accept, it's on the sprint and reviewed, about to merge
14:34:50 <dalley> +1
14:34:50 <daviddavis> cool
14:34:58 <fabricioo0> #agreed Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
14:34:58 <fabricioo0> !accept
14:34:58 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Current proposal accepted: Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
14:34:59 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: 3 issues left to triage: 5546, 5544, 5543
14:35:00 <fabricioo0> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5546
14:35:00 <pulpbot> RM 5546 - jsherril@redhat.com - NEW - migration plan creation expects 'plan' to be pre-serialized within bindings
14:35:02 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5546
14:35:39 <ttereshc> dalley, feel free to comment onthe issue if you know what the problem is
14:35:56 <dkliban> let's accept this one and add to sprint
14:36:02 <dkliban> it's an OpenAPI schema problem
14:36:32 <ipanova> agreed +1
14:36:34 <fabricioo0> #idea Proposed for #5546: accept and add to sprint
14:36:34 <fabricioo0> !propose other accept and add to sprint
14:36:34 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Proposed for #5546: accept and add to sprint
14:36:34 <ttereshc> dkliban, I wonder if jsherrill uses jsonfield anywhere else
14:36:47 <ttereshc> I don't think it's plugin specific
14:37:09 <ttereshc> +add bindings tag
14:37:24 <dkliban> ttereshc: drf_yasg just released support for the json field
14:37:32 <dkliban> so we need to see how old the bindings are that he is using
14:37:54 <dkliban> i think newer version should have different behavior
14:38:07 <ttereshc> ok
14:38:45 <dkliban> +1 to accepting
14:38:48 <fabricioo0> #agreed accept and add to sprint
14:38:48 <fabricioo0> !accept
14:38:49 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Current proposal accepted: accept and add to sprint
14:38:49 <fabricioo0> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5543
14:38:50 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: 1 issues left to triage: 5543
14:38:51 <pulpbot> RM 5543 - daviddavis - NEW - Get a KeyError when using the `fields` parameter
14:38:52 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5543
14:39:01 <daviddavis> accept and add to sprint I think
14:39:14 <fabricioo0> #idea Proposed for #5543: accept and add to sprint
14:39:14 <fabricioo0> !propose other accept and add to sprint
14:39:14 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Proposed for #5543: accept and add to sprint
14:39:30 <ttereshc> +1
14:39:33 <bmbouter> +1
14:39:54 <fabricioo0> #agreed accept and add to sprint
14:39:54 <fabricioo0> !accept
14:39:54 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: Current proposal accepted: accept and add to sprint
14:39:55 <pulpbot> fabricioo0: No issues to triage.
14:40:01 <fabricioo0> Open floor!
14:42:07 <bmbouter> one more call for feedback on the discussion on pulp-dev from @daviddavis
14:42:28 <bmbouter> https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2019-October/msg00029.html
14:42:41 <daviddavis> bmbouter++
14:42:41 <pulpbot> daviddavis: bmbouter's karma is now 198
14:43:05 <bmbouter> daviddavis: I think we would benefit froma timeline on that request
14:43:07 * dkliban looks
14:43:20 <daviddavis> bmbouter: there's a deadline
14:43:23 <daviddavis> in the email
14:43:25 <daviddavis> tomorrow
14:43:35 <bmbouter> indeed, perfect
14:43:39 <bmbouter> daviddavis++
14:43:39 <pulpbot> bmbouter: daviddavis's karma is now 233
14:43:48 <daviddavis> heck yea, I learned to add deadlines
14:44:10 <dkliban> yeah .... so this is a great plan
14:44:20 <dkliban> i'll send my +1 to the list
14:44:24 <daviddavis> cool
14:45:40 <bmbouter> in looking through the 3.0 blockers list one issue that could use some discussion is 5378 https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5378
14:46:06 <dkliban> yeah ... this is a tough one
14:46:08 <bmbouter> if this is too much for open floor lmk but I can try to recap the situation
14:46:31 <dkliban> what is tough is coming up with a solution
14:46:36 <bmbouter> the crux of the issue is the content we store is not exportable, 5378 doesn't really capture that aspect
14:47:02 <dkliban> nope
14:47:35 <dalley> this kind of reminds me that we should make sure we have downloading content from pulp performance tested. because each file downloaded requires a DB query
14:47:39 <fabricioo0> last call for open floor!
14:47:55 <dalley> I think it was, at least a little bit, but I don't know if the scale represented real-world usage
14:47:58 <dkliban> i think we are still discussing
14:48:44 <bmbouter> the main issue is that a Publication cannot be exported to disk currently
14:49:06 <dkliban> bmbouter: i don't quite follow the logic
14:49:06 <bmbouter> because in our DB you can have content that both is a directory for other content, and yet is a file itself
14:49:18 <bmbouter> I wrote some about this here https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5086#note-24
14:49:58 <bmbouter> say you have content at relative path /A and it actually serves data when the user requests /A
14:50:05 <dkliban> bmbouter: i think these are related issues, but not the same use cas
14:50:07 <dkliban> e
14:50:09 <bmbouter> and there is also other content at /A/B
14:50:28 <bmbouter> dkliban: I agree they aren't the same, but if we solve ^ then we'll also have the solution for the former
14:50:47 <dkliban> cool. so i think we should work on these in that order
14:51:02 <bmbouter> agreed. the relatedness can be seen around /A for example
14:51:06 <dkliban> i would rather solve 5086 first
14:51:56 <dkliban> in terms of 5086, we need to have some sort of validation for publication creation ... or for repository version creation or both?
14:51:56 <bmbouter> we can do 5086 first that sounds good
14:52:19 <dkliban> and we just talked about having validation for repository version creatino
14:53:06 <bmbouter> I think it'll take more than validation
14:53:34 <bmbouter> if it owuld be helpful for me to write up one option for a solution instead of slow rolling the description here I could do that too
14:53:58 <ttereshc> go for it please
14:54:02 <dkliban> yeah ... that would be helpful
14:54:02 <daviddavis> I want to respond to 5086 too
14:54:11 <daviddavis> I am still not convinced we should address it for 3.0 GA
14:54:35 <bmbouter> then maybe we should talk here more?
14:54:55 <daviddavis> sure
14:55:28 <daviddavis> I don't see the issue with having a plugin implement it first I guess
14:55:34 <bmbouter> the issue is that our DB format isn't exportable and that's a GA backwards incompatability issue preventing exports
14:55:37 <daviddavis> ofc it won't be available to all plugins
14:56:05 <bmbouter> right but the issue is in core's data layout the plugin couldn't work around that
14:56:29 <daviddavis> that's a separate issue though
14:56:33 <daviddavis> I can discuss that if you'd like
14:57:28 <bmbouter> that would be good. currently I see the current data format incompatability with POSIX as a GA blocker
14:57:56 <bmbouter> these issues kind of derivatives of that concern (for me)
14:58:08 <daviddavis> sure, I think that is actually a bug and could be fixed post-GA but I also think we could fix that before GA too without having to fix 5086
14:58:39 <ttereshc> I believe that we need to solve /a  /a/b  problem before GA
14:58:48 <daviddavis> that's fine with me
14:59:05 <daviddavis> I just worry that we're going to rush the exporter code before GA and we'll have to live with it forever
15:00:46 <bmbouter> daviddavis: I can see that point, we could mark it tech preview similar to S3 I'm comfortable w/ that
15:00:47 <daviddavis> bmbouter: that sounds like a good compromise
15:00:56 <dkliban> cool ... let's discuss more on the issue
15:00:58 <bmbouter> my main interest is the /a /a/b issue though, how can we work towards a resolution on that?
15:01:03 <dkliban> yep ... same here
15:01:10 <dkliban> can  we file that as a separate issue?
15:01:11 <bmbouter> I'm wondering if a separate issue would bring more clarity to that?
15:01:17 <daviddavis> +1
15:01:26 <dkliban> great
15:01:30 <bmbouter> I could, I think I could write the problem statement up clearly/briefly along with at least one idea to get us started
15:01:44 <daviddavis> sounds good
15:01:45 <ttereshc> +1
15:02:00 <bmbouter> I'll do that and send it to pulp-dev as an advertisement for those interested
15:02:06 <dkliban> thank you
15:02:17 <ttereshc> bmbouter++
15:02:17 <pulpbot> ttereshc: bmbouter's karma is now 199
15:02:40 <bmbouter> will do!
15:03:01 <bmbouter> that's the only open floor item I wanted to touch on ... others?
15:03:20 <iballou> mikedep333 is this PR ok? https://github.com/pulp/pulp-rpm-prerequisites/pull/13
15:04:00 <dalley> ttereshc, https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5553#note-2
15:04:49 <fabricioo0> should I end the triage? Or we have more items for open floor?
15:05:29 <bmbouter> fabricioo0: maybe ask for last call?
15:05:33 <bmbouter> or maybe that was :)
15:06:41 <mikedep333> iballou: commented / approved
15:06:44 <fabricioo0> #endmeeting
15:06:44 <fabricioo0> !end