15:30:49 <fao89> #startmeeting Pulp Triage 2019-12-13
15:30:49 <fao89> !start
15:30:49 <fao89> #info fao89 has joined triage
15:30:49 <pulpbot> Meeting started Fri Dec 13 15:30:49 2019 UTC.  The chair is fao89. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:30:49 <pulpbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:30:49 <pulpbot> The meeting name has been set to 'pulp_triage_2019-12-13'
15:30:49 <pulpbot> fao89: fao89 has joined triage
15:31:06 <fao89> !next
15:31:07 <fao89> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5880
15:31:07 <pulpbot> fao89: 2 issues left to triage: 5880, 5870
15:31:08 <pulpbot> RM 5880 - jsherril@redhat.com - NEW - Add ability to be more aggressive in retrying downloads for intermittent networking issues
15:31:09 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5880
15:31:22 <fao89> #idea Proposed for #5880: Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
15:31:22 <fao89> !propose accept
15:31:22 <pulpbot> fao89: Proposed for #5880: Leave the issue as-is, accepting its current state.
15:31:24 <bmbouter> convert to story
15:31:29 <bmbouter> it's a feature request
15:31:52 <fao89> #idea Proposed for #5880: convert to a story
15:31:52 <fao89> !propose other convert to a story
15:31:52 <pulpbot> fao89: Proposed for #5880: convert to a story
15:32:19 <bmbouter> +1
15:32:27 <bmbouter> well I proposed so I can't +1
15:32:47 <ipanova> #info ipanova has joined triage
15:32:47 <ipanova> !here
15:32:47 <pulpbot> ipanova: ipanova has joined triage
15:32:53 <fao89> bmbouter, you haven't joined triage yet
15:33:01 <bmbouter> #info bmbouter has joined triage
15:33:01 <bmbouter> !here
15:33:01 <pulpbot> bmbouter: bmbouter has joined triage
15:33:03 <bmbouter> ty
15:33:11 <ipanova> +1 to story
15:33:11 <bmbouter> !friday
15:33:11 <pulpbot> ♪ It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday ♪
15:33:18 <fao89> #agreed convert to a story
15:33:18 <fao89> !accept
15:33:19 <pulpbot> fao89: Current proposal accepted: convert to a story
15:33:19 <fao89> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5870
15:33:20 <pulpbot> fao89: 1 issues left to triage: 5870
15:33:21 <pulpbot> RM 5870 - jsherril@redhat.com - NEW - file remotes with file://  urls pointing to a read-only directory fail to sync
15:33:22 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5870
15:33:50 <daviddavis> #info daviddavis has joined triage
15:33:50 <daviddavis> !here
15:33:50 <pulpbot> daviddavis: daviddavis has joined triage
15:34:13 <daviddavis> accept and add to sprint?
15:34:28 <fao89> +1
15:34:29 <ipanova> #idea Proposed for #5870: triage and add to the sprint
15:34:29 <ipanova> !propose other triage and add to the sprint
15:34:29 <pulpbot> ipanova: Proposed for #5870: triage and add to the sprint
15:34:33 <ipanova> +1
15:34:42 <fao89> #agreed triage and add to the sprint
15:34:42 <fao89> !accept
15:34:42 <pulpbot> fao89: Current proposal accepted: triage and add to the sprint
15:34:43 <pulpbot> fao89: No issues to triage.
15:34:55 <ipanova> !pul
15:34:55 <pulpbot> ipanova: Error: "pul" is not a valid command.
15:34:58 <ipanova> !pulp
15:34:58 <pulpbot> 🍊 Yay, Pulp! 🍊 Go team go! 🍊
15:35:06 <fao89> Open floor!
15:35:09 <fao89> !friday
15:35:09 <pulpbot> ♪ It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday ♪
15:35:32 <daviddavis> I have an issue https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5706
15:35:41 <fao89> !issue 5706
15:35:42 <fao89> #topic https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5706
15:35:42 <pulpbot> RM 5706 - bmbouter - NEW - base_version can cause content to show as added, even though it was in the previous version
15:35:44 <pulpbot> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5706
15:35:46 <daviddavis> the problem is explained here https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5706#note-2
15:36:01 <daviddavis> basically, added() and removed() show what's in the previous repo version
15:36:19 <daviddavis> but a plugin writer might be creating a repo version from a base version
15:36:30 <daviddavis> so added() and removed() don't give you what you need really
15:36:45 <daviddavis> I'm not sure what the solution is
15:36:54 <bmbouter> I was waiting for that part
15:37:03 <daviddavis> the solution?
15:37:05 <daviddavis> hehe
15:37:06 <bmbouter> yup
15:37:20 <daviddavis> I was thinking separate methods or a kwarg
15:37:28 <bmbouter> I'm getting closer to being ready to dig into it but I'm not there yet
15:37:49 <daviddavis> ok, there's no rush on this issue, so if people want to think about it, that's fine
15:37:57 <daviddavis> in rpm, we find the content manually for now
15:37:58 <bmbouter> well maybe others have ideas here
15:38:02 <bmbouter> ic
15:40:03 <daviddavis> that's all I got
15:40:11 <bmbouter> I have some bookkeeping things to ask about
15:40:23 <daviddavis> bmbouter: go for it
15:40:24 <fao89> I would go with an optional kwarg
15:40:25 <bmbouter> I'm about to mass close 765 issues so get yer email ready!
15:40:47 <bmbouter> a quesiton came up about: "what is the right way to show a user what release a pulp3 issue fix was released in"
15:40:48 <daviddavis> fao89: +1, add your comment to https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5706
15:40:59 <daviddavis> bmbouter: can you turn off emails
15:41:02 <bmbouter> so I propose we rename the 3.0 tag to 3.0.0
15:41:04 * fao89 adding
15:41:07 <bmbouter> oh right! I will
15:41:20 <bmbouter> great idea daviddavis
15:41:29 <daviddavis> bmbouter: s/tag/milestone/?
15:41:35 <bmbouter> yes :)
15:41:38 <daviddavis> lol
15:41:45 <bmbouter> I get that wrong like everytime
15:42:06 <daviddavis> oh I know
15:42:09 <daviddavis> that sounds fine though
15:43:38 <bmbouter> ok I'll do it that way
15:44:07 <bmbouter> one more thing
15:44:29 <bmbouter> so I'm excluding tags = ['pulp2', 'Pulp 2 to 3 Migrate'] both of those are in the pulpcore project
15:44:32 <ipanova> daviddavis: would it be possible to check for the optional kwarg which would be the base_version and if present then take that version instead of 'latest' version
15:45:00 <bmbouter> ipanova: that sounds good
15:45:24 <daviddavis> ipanova: +1
15:45:39 <daviddavis> ipanova: can you add that as a comment?
15:45:48 <ipanova> daviddavis: will do
15:45:54 <daviddavis> bmbouter: that sounds good, also maybe the installer?
15:47:12 <bmbouter> I was going to include the installer because it's GA'd effectivelly (rolling release)
15:47:23 <daviddavis> +1
15:49:38 <bmbouter> I think those are my only things
15:49:46 <daviddavis> !friday
15:49:46 <pulpbot> ♪ It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday ♪
15:49:58 <fao89> #endmeeting
15:49:58 <fao89> !end