15:00:31 <ttereshc> #startmeeting Pulp Triage 2021-01-22 go/no-go for 3.10.0
15:00:31 <ttereshc> #info ttereshc has joined triage
15:00:31 <ttereshc> !start go/no-go for 3.10.0
15:00:31 <pulpbot> Meeting started Fri Jan 22 15:00:31 2021 UTC.  The chair is ttereshc. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:31 <pulpbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:00:31 <pulpbot> The meeting name has been set to 'pulp_triage_2021-01-22_go/no-go_for_3.10.0'
15:00:31 <pulpbot> ttereshc: ttereshc has joined triage
15:00:35 <daviddavis> #info daviddavis has joined triage
15:00:35 <daviddavis> !here
15:00:35 <pulpbot> daviddavis: daviddavis has joined triage
15:00:40 <fao89> #info fao89 has joined triage
15:00:40 <fao89> !here
15:00:40 <pulpbot> fao89: fao89 has joined triage
15:00:44 <ggainey> #info ggainey has joined triage
15:00:44 <ggainey> !here
15:00:44 <pulpbot> ggainey: ggainey has joined triage
15:01:08 <ttereshc> here is our milestone https://pulp.plan.io/versions/166
15:01:46 <daviddavis> obj values is close. just working on adding tests and docs.
15:01:51 <ttereshc> sweet
15:01:51 <daviddavis> s/values/labels/
15:02:11 <ggainey> import-export similar, had to redo work to have working bindings
15:02:40 <daviddavis> cool
15:02:44 <ttereshc> so we consider them still on track for Tuesday release, correct?
15:03:13 <daviddavis> +1
15:03:26 <ttereshc> them = labels and dry-run
15:03:27 <ggainey> so my uncomfortable question is, if PRs are submitted for review today, can we reasonably get them reviewed/fixed/etc in time for merging/release on Tues?
15:03:47 <daviddavis> ha good question. my prs been open for a week now.
15:03:56 <x9c4> #info x9c4 has joined triage
15:03:56 <x9c4> !here
15:03:56 <pulpbot> x9c4: x9c4 has joined triage
15:04:00 <ipanova> #info ipanova has joined triage
15:04:00 <ipanova> !here
15:04:00 <pulpbot> ipanova: ipanova has joined triage
15:04:03 <ggainey> mine's not submitted (which is just as well, since I redid a bunch yesterday)
15:04:45 <ttereshc> let's maybe see what else we have and decide whether to focus in reviews or postpone a release a bit
15:04:54 <daviddavis> ok
15:05:00 <ggainey> okeydoke
15:05:07 <dkliban> #info dkliban has joined triage
15:05:07 <dkliban> !here
15:05:07 <pulpbot> dkliban: dkliban has joined triage
15:05:10 <ggainey> I'm not panicked (yet), just wanted to bring this up
15:05:21 <daviddavis> I agree
15:05:25 <ttereshc> tech previews and deprecations we can deal with quickly
15:05:33 <daviddavis> +1
15:05:57 <ttereshc> the https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8048 has been added by bmbouter request but he mentioned that it's not important to block the release on that
15:06:21 <ttereshc> bmbouter, anything to discuss about ^
15:06:58 <ipanova> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8048#note-4 based on this comment is seems like we do want to fix this in 3.10
15:07:23 <bmbouter> #info bmbouter has joined triage
15:07:23 <bmbouter> !here
15:07:23 <pulpbot> bmbouter: bmbouter has joined triage
15:07:27 <bmbouter> sorry I'm late
15:07:42 <bmbouter> I'm planning to look into 8048 today
15:08:02 <daviddavis> excellentayyyy
15:08:08 <bmbouter> :)
15:08:11 <fao89> I believe 8048 could go as z-stream bugfix
15:08:14 <bmbouter> I'm also planning to post a PR for 7930
15:08:23 <bmbouter> fao89: I agree
15:08:33 <bmbouter> but I still want to try to y-strema it and if release day comes bump it
15:09:11 <bmbouter> we also need to remove the tech labels 7927 and 7928
15:09:47 <ttereshc> this should be quick, I planned to do some today
15:09:57 <daviddavis> excellentayyyy
15:10:27 <ggainey> +1
15:10:31 <ggainey> ttereshc++
15:10:31 <pulpbot> ggainey: ttereshc's karma is now 281
15:10:38 <ttereshc> so with label PR which requires review, dry-run and permission issue not having PRs yet, and a set of small items to close, do we want a release on Tue?
15:10:49 <ttereshc> or move it couple of days?
15:10:54 <ttereshc> Thursday?
15:10:58 <ggainey> I would be more comfortable with Thurs
15:11:07 <fao89> +1 to Thurs
15:11:17 <x9c4> +1
15:11:19 <ipanova> +1
15:11:37 <ggainey> we're close - but reviews can find problems
15:11:44 <ggainey> (esp in my code :) )
15:12:04 <ttereshc> daviddavis, bmbouter, any objections to Thursday?
15:12:22 <ttereshc> fao89, is it ok for galaxy folks?
15:12:44 <daviddavis> no objection from me
15:12:45 <bmbouter> +1 to thursday
15:12:49 <bmbouter> I was thinking this actually
15:13:05 <daviddavis> I have a 3.10 question before we adjourn
15:13:17 <ttereshc> ok, Thursday it is if doesn't create problems for stakeholders
15:13:23 <ttereshc> go ahead daviddavis
15:13:33 <daviddavis> should we remove import/export from tech preview? https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulpcore/workflows/import-export.html
15:14:12 <bmbouter> so I was actually wondering if we should not be removing these tech previews at all
15:14:32 <daviddavis> yea, i was going to suggest we wait on https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7927 until katello confirms
15:14:39 <ttereshc> It probably depends on the confidence level ours and katello
15:14:41 <ttereshc> yeah
15:14:44 <daviddavis> but they are using import/export so I am little less worried about removing tech preview there
15:15:05 <daviddavis> but I have no objection on keeping tech preview there
15:15:05 <ggainey> daviddavis: they are - but I think it's only just starting to get heavy/real-world use
15:15:11 <bmbouter> we're not being asked to remove these lables I think we should keep them
15:15:22 <daviddavis> yea but I don't see the apis changing
15:15:24 <ggainey> +1 - maybe take that as a 3.11 aspiration
15:15:31 <daviddavis> that's fine
15:15:34 <bmbouter> I also don't but still maybe one more release
15:15:43 <ttereshc> what about https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7928
15:15:47 <bmbouter> can we move the 7928 and 7927 to the 3.11 milestone?
15:15:50 <ttereshc> keeping it as well>
15:15:51 <ttereshc> ?
15:15:55 <bmbouter> and also have one for import/export tech label removal for 3.11?
15:15:56 <daviddavis> +1 from me
15:15:59 <bmbouter> and re-evaluate then?
15:16:05 <ttereshc> yeah, I was about to, will do
15:16:09 <daviddavis> +1
15:16:20 <ggainey> +1
15:16:29 <bmbouter> is there an issue for ipmort/export tech label removal?
15:16:36 <ggainey> I don't think so
15:16:52 <ttereshc> the first replied files it
15:16:55 <ttereshc> :P
15:17:25 <bmbouter> I can file this for 3.11
15:17:33 <ggainey> +1
15:17:39 <ttereshc> thank you :)
15:17:43 <ggainey> bmbouter++
15:17:43 <pulpbot> ggainey: bmbouter's karma is now 323
15:17:45 <bmbouter> I have one more question about 3.10
15:18:04 <bmbouter> planning wise there are 3 at NEW, can each of those have an owner and take it as assigned
15:18:13 <bmbouter> I'm going to assign 7930 to me now
15:18:58 <ttereshc> I can do #7935
15:19:14 <daviddavis> damn
15:19:18 <daviddavis> I was just about to take that
15:19:25 <bmbouter> oh an I'm supposed to look at 8048
15:19:29 <daviddavis> :)
15:19:32 <bmbouter> I can take that as ASSIGNED also at least for now
15:19:40 <bmbouter> any objection?
15:19:40 <dkliban> i'll take 7935
15:20:09 <ttereshc> dkliban, feel free to re-assign it to yourself then
15:20:33 <dkliban> ttereshc: oh man ... i didn't see you claiming it
15:20:40 <dkliban> ttereshc: i'll still take it
15:20:42 <ttereshc> no worries
15:20:46 <ttereshc> I'm willing to share
15:20:57 <bmbouter> FYI https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8146
15:21:11 <ttereshc> thank you
15:21:31 <daviddavis> excellentayyyy
15:21:33 <bmbouter> ok everything's at ASSIGNED+ ty!
15:21:39 <bmbouter> yeyahhhhhhh
15:21:40 <daviddavis> excellentayyyy
15:21:42 * ggainey cheers wildly
15:21:43 <fao89> !dance
15:21:43 <pulpbot> ♪┏(°.°)┛┗(°.°)┓┗(°.°)┛┏(°.°)┓ ♪
15:21:44 * bmbouter high fives everyone
15:21:46 <daviddavis> !friday
15:21:46 <pulpbot> ♪ It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday ♪
15:21:49 <bmbouter> o/*\o
15:21:49 <ttereshc> anything else?
15:21:53 <ttereshc> last call
15:21:58 <ggainey> I'm good
15:22:03 <daviddavis> oh yea!
15:22:04 <bmbouter> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
15:22:05 <x9c4> new meeting on tues?
15:22:10 <daviddavis> +1
15:22:13 <bmbouter> +1
15:22:14 <ggainey> good call - +1
15:22:15 <ttereshc> good point!
15:22:18 <fao89> everyone stay tuned for open floor and triage
15:22:25 <ttereshc> x9c4++
15:22:25 <pulpbot> ttereshc: x9c4's karma is now 89
15:22:37 <bmbouter> <robot>fun fun think of a fun</robot>
15:22:47 <ttereshc> #endmeeting
15:22:47 <ttereshc> !end