14:00:20 <x9c4> #startmeeting Pulp Triage 2021-04-01
14:00:20 <x9c4> #info x9c4 has joined triage
14:00:20 <x9c4> !start
14:00:20 <pulpbot> Meeting started Thu Apr  1 14:00:20 2021 UTC.  The chair is x9c4. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:20 <pulpbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:20 <pulpbot> The meeting name has been set to 'pulp_triage_2021-04-01'
14:00:20 <pulpbot> x9c4: x9c4 has joined triage
14:00:30 <daviddavis> #info daviddavis has joined triage
14:00:30 <daviddavis> !here
14:00:30 <pulpbot> daviddavis: daviddavis has joined triage
14:00:42 <x9c4> Go-NoGo 3.12
14:00:54 <ggainey> #info ggainey has joined triage
14:00:54 <ggainey> !here
14:00:54 <pulpbot> ggainey: ggainey has joined triage
14:01:22 <x9c4> https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&set_filter=1&sort=id%3Adesc&f%5B%5D=status_id&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=*&f%5B%5D=fixed_version_id&op%5Bfixed_version_id%5D=%3D&v%5Bfixed_version_id%5D%5B%5D=182&f%5B%5D=&c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=cf_5&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=author&c%5B%5D=assigned_to&c%5B%5D=cf_3&c%5B%5D=cf_7&group_by=status&t%5B%5D=
14:01:44 <x9c4> ^ This is what i am looking at
14:01:49 <daviddavis> my console doesn't do multiline urls
14:01:55 <daviddavis> is this the same as https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues?fixed_version_id=182&set_filter=1&status_id=o ?
14:02:47 <x9c4> close enough.
14:02:54 <dalley> #info dalley has joined triage
14:02:54 <dalley> !here
14:02:55 <pulpbot> dalley: dalley has joined triage
14:02:55 <ggainey> so, 7904 may not be ready for the cutrrent 3.12 date, but I don't think that should block the release - whatever we do to fix this is/will be in a very isolated piece of code, and will be easy to backport if/as needed
14:03:19 <ggainey> that's the only 3.12-assigned-thing I'm working on
14:03:37 <daviddavis> +1
14:03:45 <x9c4> So move it to 3.13?
14:04:02 <daviddavis> sure although I suspect it'll be a backport
14:04:17 <x9c4> +1
14:04:19 <ggainey> x9c4: sure
14:04:44 <daviddavis> I have #8454 and #8368 and I don't think either should block the release
14:05:13 <x9c4> 8368 has a migration.
14:05:26 <x9c4> And it's a feature. We cannot backport that.
14:05:29 <ggainey> migrations are a reason to block the release, I think
14:05:36 <daviddavis> yes but no stakeholder needs it in 3.12
14:05:40 <ggainey> ah, ok
14:05:40 <daviddavis> or 3.12.z
14:06:11 <daviddavis> I think we can move them to 3.13
14:06:15 <ggainey> yeah, "blockers" should be "we have stakeholders who need this in this timeframe"
14:06:19 <x9c4> and the latter is finished, but relies on the former?
14:06:33 <daviddavis> the latter is mostly done
14:06:37 <daviddavis> yea
14:07:00 <x9c4> So im moving them to 3.13.
14:07:05 <daviddavis> great
14:07:45 <x9c4> about 8354
14:07:51 <dalley> I think we need to push it
14:08:04 <dalley> it's not just the RPM plugin, container and Deb are still using it
14:08:04 <x9c4> I've heard pulp_rpm needs it for a release longer.
14:08:11 <bmbouter> #info bmbouter has joined triage
14:08:11 <bmbouter> !here
14:08:11 <pulpbot> bmbouter: bmbouter has joined triage
14:08:28 <x9c4> moving too.
14:08:39 <ggainey> kk
14:08:45 * ggainey waves at bmbouter
14:08:59 <x9c4> last two items on you bmbouter
14:09:12 <x9c4> and i think, we cannot move them.
14:09:21 <bmbouter> I don't have history sorry my bouncer rebooted
14:09:28 <bmbouter> which two items?
14:09:33 <daviddavis> bmbouter: it's the distribution stuff
14:09:34 <bmbouter> and what was moved (apologies)
14:09:43 <dalley> re: 8354, I will publish PRs against all the plugins today
14:09:45 <bmbouter> ah yeah this is ready to merge, there is maybe one string comment update
14:09:50 <bmbouter> dalley: great ty
14:10:03 <bmbouter> so https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1216 https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1198/files and https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/pull/484 will merge here soon
14:10:07 <x9c4> dalley, ty!
14:10:30 <daviddavis> bmbouter: we're moving the version retention stuff off 3.12 since I don't think they need to block the 3.12 release
14:10:57 <bmbouter> +1
14:11:25 <x9c4> And the workingdir removal is to early, because we didn't see the deprecation warnings in time.
14:12:01 <daviddavis> +1
14:12:37 <bmbouter> so what's happening with workingdir?
14:12:44 <bmbouter> for 3.12?
14:13:01 <x9c4> We'll keep it around for one more release not to break plugins
14:13:15 <x9c4> that have already specified compatibility with 3.12.
14:13:42 <bmbouter> sounds good
14:13:45 <bmbouter> ty for the recap!
14:13:46 <ggainey> +1
14:13:51 <x9c4> there is no pressing timeline
14:14:10 <bmbouter> oh one thing ... x9c4 and I want to deprecate something relating to this tasking work in 3.12 if we can
14:14:48 <bmbouter> I'm going to post a PR today making the new dispatch() interface and deprecate enqueue_with_reservation() because enqueue_with_reservation is tied to RQ specifically
14:14:57 <dalley> re: workingdir https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1965
14:15:06 <bmbouter> plugins can have a few releases to port, and I'm writing a ticket now
14:15:12 <bmbouter> it should not block the release tho
14:15:46 <x9c4> Im +1 on this
14:15:55 <daviddavis> I got a question
14:16:05 <bmbouter> dalley: that looks good
14:16:34 <daviddavis> is this going out with 3.12? https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7626
14:17:22 <dalley> https://github.com/pulp/pulp_python/pull/356
14:18:21 <bmbouter> daviddavis: I was thinking yes it would be ... dalley?
14:18:23 <bmbouter> wdyt
14:20:16 <dalley> https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/pull/278
14:20:28 <dalley> daviddavis, yes
14:20:59 <x9c4> I'm adding it then
14:21:25 <daviddavis> should we postpone the date to april 8 and have another go/no-go on tuesday?
14:21:39 <ggainey> question RE adding - there are a number of issues in MODIFIED, for bugfixes in core - should we add them to 3.12?
14:21:41 <bmbouter> I think that would be a good idea
14:21:47 <ggainey> daviddavis: +1 for the 8th
14:21:52 <daviddavis> ggainey: no, it's done at release time
14:22:07 <ggainey> daviddavis: kk, cool
14:22:11 <x9c4> modified is merged.
14:22:17 <ggainey> so the release-milestone is for blockers
14:22:31 <ggainey> x9c4: yus - just trying to clarify the record-keeping
14:22:34 <bmbouter> ggainey: the release process will handle that
14:22:38 <ggainey> coolio
14:24:07 <x9c4> Time check: 6 mins
14:24:45 <ggainey> what else do we have? we've gone over the open issues, moved things appropriately, decided on a new release-date and next go/nogo
14:24:48 <dalley> https://github.com/pulp/pulp_deb/pull/260
14:24:48 <ggainey> anything else to do?
14:25:09 <ggainey> dalley++
14:25:09 <pulpbot> ggainey: dalley's karma is now 354
14:25:11 <x9c4> +1 April 8th
14:25:24 <x9c4> Last calls?
14:25:30 <ggainey> I'm good
14:25:37 <x9c4> dalley++
14:25:37 <pulpbot> x9c4: dalley's karma is now 355
14:26:27 <x9c4> #endmeeting
14:26:27 <x9c4> !end