14:00:02 <dalley> #startmeeting Pulp Triage 2021-05-07
14:00:02 <dalley> !start
14:00:02 <dalley> #info dalley has joined triage
14:00:02 <pulpbot> Meeting started Fri May  7 14:00:02 2021 UTC.  The chair is dalley. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:02 <pulpbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:02 <pulpbot> The meeting name has been set to 'pulp_triage_2021-05-07'
14:00:02 <pulpbot> dalley: dalley has joined triage
14:00:10 <ggainey> #info ggainey has joined triage
14:00:10 <ggainey> !here
14:00:10 <pulpbot> ggainey: ggainey has joined triage
14:00:14 <dalley> 2.13.0 roadmap:  https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues?fixed_version_id=188&set_filter=1&status_id=*
14:00:37 <daviddavis> #info daviddavis has joined triage
14:00:37 <daviddavis> !here
14:00:37 <pulpbot> daviddavis: daviddavis has joined triage
14:01:09 <ggainey> ^2.13^3.13
14:01:44 <dalley> ..yeah
14:01:47 <ggainey> :)
14:02:04 <ipanova> #info ipanova has joined triage
14:02:04 <ipanova> !here
14:02:04 <pulpbot> ipanova: ipanova has joined triage
14:02:16 <daviddavis> hey so I'd like to remove https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8192 from 3.13. I'm hoping to get it in but it might not be done by the 12th. also, ansible doesn't need it until july-ish.
14:02:21 <x9c4> #info x9c4 has joined triage
14:02:21 <x9c4> !here
14:02:21 <pulpbot> x9c4: x9c4 has joined triage
14:02:27 <daviddavis> I don't think it needs to block 3.13
14:02:52 <daviddavis> any objections?
14:02:52 <ggainey> works for me
14:03:08 <dalley> as long as ansible is the only stakeholder, sure
14:03:19 <bmbouter> #info bmbouter has joined triage
14:03:19 <bmbouter> !here
14:03:19 <pulpbot> bmbouter: bmbouter has joined triage
14:03:28 <ipanova> no objections
14:03:35 <ggainey> I mean, everybody is going to *want* this - but I don't think anybody else has a hard deadline for it
14:03:38 <bmbouter> works for me
14:03:41 <bmbouter> agreed
14:03:48 <dalley> +1
14:03:52 <ipanova> we don't have resolution on this ticket https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8656
14:04:01 <ipanova> bmbouter: did you hear more from ansible folks?
14:04:23 <bmbouter> I do, I mean we can go ahead and fix it, but I don't think it needs to block since they haven't followed up
14:04:45 <ipanova> ok
14:05:23 <daviddavis> +1
14:05:37 <bmbouter> so keep these on 3.13 and just bump out at the end, or move to 3.14?
14:06:08 <ipanova> let's bump out at the end
14:06:14 <ggainey> +1
14:06:16 <dalley> +1
14:06:36 <bmbouter> +1
14:06:38 <daviddavis> I think https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8691 needs to block the release, yea?
14:06:48 <dalley> definitely
14:06:54 <ipanova> yep
14:06:55 <ggainey> yes
14:07:10 <x9c4> absolutely
14:07:21 <daviddavis> I would like to get https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8386 into 3.13. there's a PR open for it that needs review.
14:07:36 <dalley> there was some discussion about this at the RPM meeting
14:07:44 <bmbouter> yes I agree
14:07:45 <dalley> we maybe have a concern
14:07:48 <bmbouter> I can review that today
14:07:59 <daviddavis> dalley: ooo ok
14:08:31 <ipanova> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7316 this has been moved  for multiple releases, should we take it of 3.13?
14:08:42 <dalley> TL;DR the RPM plugin needs to have a new release that supports static_context in modules, and this release really needs to be satellite-compatible as a CYA concern
14:09:15 <dalley> we're discussing even backing out the auto-publish changes just to do this new release and adding them back after
14:09:26 <daviddavis> interesting, ok
14:09:30 <bmbouter> yup interesting. makes sense, I'm ok with moving BaseDistribution removal to 3.14
14:09:40 <daviddavis> me too
14:09:50 <ggainey> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8638 is the pulp-rpm issue, fwiw
14:10:06 <daviddavis> ok, keep me updated
14:10:12 <dalley> great!  and just to be clear, it is not 100% clear at this point that it will be necessary
14:10:18 <daviddavis> +1
14:10:53 <dalley> but Tanya suggested perhaps we could push the pulpcore release a few days to learn whether it will or will not be
14:11:03 <ggainey> dalley: I'm *hoping* to have PRs for 8638 today, testing publish/distribute now
14:11:06 <ggainey> yeah
14:11:41 <dalley> we can probably discuss again next week, especially if there's any items left over
14:11:44 <ipanova> my preference would be to push the release if possible
14:12:07 <ggainey> do we want to reconvene M or Tu and make a call then?
14:12:13 <ipanova> a few days*
14:12:16 <dalley> I think we probably should
14:12:22 <daviddavis> +1
14:12:37 <ipanova> +1 Tue
14:12:38 <bmbouter> +1
14:12:39 <dalley> tuesday, since not much will happen before monday, and the morning is packed already
14:12:44 <ipanova> yep
14:12:46 <ggainey> fair enough
14:13:00 <daviddavis> +1
14:13:18 <ipanova> so what is the outcome, are we go or we push back a few days?
14:13:40 <dalley> discuss on Tuesday
14:13:54 <ipanova> alright
14:14:06 <ggainey> +1
14:14:12 <dalley> but we're OK with pushing back the whole removal if we need to *
14:14:48 <ggainey> that's what I'm hearing, aye
14:15:53 <dalley> how about https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7316
14:17:03 <bmbouter> not a blocker again I believe
14:17:08 <daviddavis> we really need to fix it though
14:17:16 <bmbouter> agreed
14:17:30 <bmbouter> I wouldn't mind taking this on after the django work
14:17:33 <ggainey> yus
14:17:41 <ggainey> bmbouter++
14:17:41 <pulpbot> ggainey: bmbouter's karma is now 356
14:17:42 <bmbouter> I've been all up in the storage analysis recently
14:17:46 <ggainey> heh
14:17:59 <bmbouter> I can report on what I find at the next meeting so leave it on for now?
14:18:09 <ipanova> works for me
14:18:11 <ggainey> +1
14:18:19 <dalley> +1
14:18:23 <x9c4> +1
14:18:47 <daviddavis> +1
14:18:55 <dalley> anything else? should we maybe look at the sprint and see if anything *should* be on the list?
14:20:20 <x9c4> bmbouter, and i just discussed that we want to add a new worker entry point as preparation for the tasking system switch, there i no ticket yet.
14:20:36 <ipanova> i think if would be that important it would be targeted for 3.13 already
14:21:39 <dalley> looking through the list, I think I agree
14:21:46 <daviddavis> ggainey: is this still targeted for 3.13? https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8146
14:21:50 <ggainey> dalley: skimming the sprint-96 list, I don't see anything I would block 3.13 for that isn't already on the list
14:22:20 <bmbouter> yeah I agree re the sprint review
14:22:27 <dalley> #endmeeting
14:22:27 <dalley> !end